Friday and Payday, What’s Not To Like? – Day 5
August 1, 2009 1 Comment
TGIF! End to a full, long, interesting week. One thing I really love about my job is the variety it affords me. I never really know what will come my way each day. Since this is the last day for documenting I thought I’d try something a little bit different.
- Pulled into the parking lot and entered the building. Annotated video on YouTube
- Unforward phones, swap out tapes in the server room, checked Twitter, email and Staff Intranet. Annotated video on YouTube
- Went to get ice for my green tea, turned on lights for the building, checked reserves and visited my book display on 40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing. Annotated video on YouTube
- Back to the office to get down to business. Annotated video on YouTube
- Uploaded the aforementioned videos to YouTube since they were too long to use on Flickr
- Consulted with co-worker who was doing the morning duties. She was getting bounced back to beginning page of her account in HIP. Tried recreating it on my machine and she showed me on the Day End machine – still wasn’t able to recreate it. Chalk it up to computer gremlins.
- Typed up my blog for yesterday – Day 4
- Got a phone call from the Glenwood branch manager regarding the email I had sent out asking them to cleanup the branch notices on Staff Intranet.
- Since my boss was out on vacation, I assigned the IT staff to their day at our Admin office for next week and posted the notice on our Staff Intranet.
- Uploaded my photos of my 40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing display to Flickr
- Deleted notices for Glenwood branch manager per email she sent me (after phone conversation)
- Worked on bounceback email notices – since this is such a tedious mind numbing job I decided to blip some Robert Palmer songs on blip.fm while I did this. Having great music to listen to helps!
- Bounce backs make me hungry so I went and popped some 94% fat-free popcorn
- Checked the helpdesk tickets and assigned on to fellow IT-er
- Downloaded Adobe Flash CS3 Professional to my Windows machine
- Got a call from our Network Administrator who is on vacation in England (visiting his wife’s family) – just checking in with us to make sure things are okay
- Installed Adobe Flash CS3 Professional on my Windows machine
- Emailed staff member who submitted a helpdesk ticket. Needed more information so I could solve her issue. Consulted with web programmer to see if he had any suggestions but agreed we needed more info before we could proceed.
- Children’s librarian came to my desk asking questions about burning music to a CD for children’s classes. I pointed her to the FAQ on our Staff Intranet with great instructions and screen shots.
- Got a call from HR dept. regarding publishing an announcement on our Staff Intranet.
- Wrote another post for my blog – not related to Library Day in the Life
- LUNCH finally seems I’ve been eating later and later this week
- Children’s librarian came back up for some assistance with burning cd – went down and showed her how to add songs, delete ones you don’t want and move them so you get the order you want.
- Analyzed current navigation and started documenting what different departments use on Staff Intranet in hopes that this will help us set up better navigation for the new version.
- Got a follow up email from the staff member in regards to her helpdesk ticket. Solution was a simple one – she needed to log in with username/password to access forms list. Emailed her back and closed helpdesk ticket
- Saw a Tweet from @julie and realized I had missed T is for Training podcast. Logged into the chat area for the last 15 mins or so of the show.
- Got a call from hubby that severe storm had blown down 2 trees (turned out to be just very large limbs not the whole tree) onto our garage which houses his precious baby, a 1960 MGA.
- Took personal leave to go home and document damage for any insurance claims.